Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend Fun


This weekend there are so many fun festivals and events to check out. I am very excited for the annual Corn Roast in Forest Grove. I started attending this festival as a child and watched my dad put on big gloves and roast the corn. It is a tradition that I love sharing with my family. Since moving back to Oregon, we make a point of going every year.
This is a picture from 2007. Bronson enjoyed the fire engines.

http://www.forestgrove-or.gov/visitors/attractions-and-amenities.html#FoundersDay

At Hillsboro First Baptist you can check out the Quilt Show. This is a really neat event with beautiful quilts displayed throughout the church. There is also lunch you can purchase in the fellowship hall. Ken always makes delicious food. I will also be selling some of my knitted goodies.

When:Friday and Saturday from 9am-3pm
Where: 2nd and Lincoln
How much: $3


Oktoberfest.
I have never been, but it sure sounds fun.


If none of these events are to your liking check out the Beaverton Old Towne Festival. I was always working when this event was going on, but it seemed to bring a lot of people into town. There is a parade, face painting, treasure hunt and entertainment.

I hope to see you at one of these events!

No comments:

Post a Comment