Thursday, September 23, 2010

Alpaca and Sheep and Rabbits, Oh My!

So I may have mentioned a few times that I love knitting. I love everything about it; yarn, fiber, animals, beautiful colors of yarn, patterns, yarn. You get the picture.

Oregon hosts two amazing fiber festivals and one close to home is this weekend. Head down to Canby for the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. There will be vendors selling YARN, fiber for spinning, and everything fiber related. There are also animal barns and auctions. I took the kids two years ago and they loved looking at the rabbits and sheep. Bronson also loved putting his face in the bats of wool and he also tried wet felting.

If you like lamb, and I sure do, this is the time for some delicious eating. The line is long, but well worth it. We tried the lamb stew and lamb sausage, and wow, so good.

There will also be some knitting celebrities on hand. Yes, there are knitting celebrities. The Knitmore Girls from one of my favorite podcasts, Anatomy of Knitting podcast and possible Sylvia Harding.

Where: Clackamas County Fairgrounds
When: September 25th and 26th
How Much: Free (Unless you buy food or YARN)

http://www.flockandfiberfestival.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment