Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cleaning the Stove

Today I decided to clean our glass top stove. This is a task that I don't love doing, so I put it off. A while ago I bought these fancy cleaning cloths designed for our stovetop. As I was scrubbing away today I thought I would try tossing a little baking soda on the burners and adding lemon juice.

Bronson has been studying chemical reactions, so that is why it was fresh in my head. I let it sit there for a while and then wiped it up. The oxidation removed a lot of the grime and I didn't have to scrub as hard. Cheap and good for the environment, that is the kind of cleaner I like.

1 comment:

  1. Love cleaning with natural stuff! I use ALOT of baking soda and vinegar to clean. To disinfect, plain old hydgrogen peroxide and a little water. :-)

    ReplyDelete